Student Wellbeing lays the foundation and underpins the manner in which St Joseph’s School staff, students and parents relate to each other. We see wellbeing as a core priority and our energies are directed toward ensuring positive experiences at school for our students.
Our overarching goal is to create an environment that enables every student to feel happy, safe, engaged and accepted at school.
Our school is committed to engaging in the following strategies that nurture this environment:
- Positive Relationships: student-student, student-teacher
- Positive involvement of parents
- PBIS – Positive Behaviours Intervention Support
- Restorative Practices for conflict resolution
- Resilience, Rights & Respectful Relationships Learning
- Buddy Program
- Transition Programs
- Student Representative Council – Students Action Teams
We see Social Justice and looking to the wellbeing of others as a crucial part of our students education. The children are involved in projects which give them the opportunity to help those who may not have had the opportunities that they themselves have had.