The programs of and teaching in our school supports and promotes the principles and practices of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- elected government; and
- the rule of law; and
- equal rights for all before the law; and
- freedom of religion; and
- freedom of speech and association; and
- the values of openness and tolerance.
- Our Identity Statement articulates important values for Catholic Education at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School.
- Our Curriculum Scope and Sequence outlines the importance of Civics and Citizenship within the curriculum.
- Source of Life and the Victorian Curriculum form the base for our school’s curriculum.
- Our Through lines encompass a study of democratic principles through Personalised Learning.
- Our Senior Student Leadership team respectfully raise and lower the Australian and Aboriginal flags each school day.
- Catholic Values and Values for Australian Schools are displayed in the Administration Area.
- The National Anthem is led by the students at fortnightly assemblies.